[Bf-committers] Weekly Blender developer meeting notes: 2017-01-15

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Jan 15 18:10:41 CET 2017

Hi all,

Notes from today's 15 UTC meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.

1) Blender 2.79 targets

- The release target list is filling up:
https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.7#Blender_2.7x:_Latest_Production-Ready_Version

- We need to confirm most targets still, depends reviews and approval by module owners.

- Luca Rood finished the new "Surface deform modifier".
https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Lucarood/SurfaceDeform

- Joey Ferwerda has a Development Fund grant to work a month on bug tracker triaging and cleanup.

2) Blender 2.8 project

- Bastien Montagne asks again for quick review by Brecht or Sergey of the initial 'Override' work:
https://developer.blender.org/D2417

- Julian Eisel finished the foundation work for the main integration of workspaces (needs review):
https://developer.blender.org/D2451

- Fracture modifier team will write a doc with requirements for new depsgraph, to make
sure things align well.

- The palette proposal: Grease Pencil will use current Blender palette system.

3) GSoC 2017

Time to apply again for Google Summer of Code. Application starts next week, I will handle it.

Laters,

-Ton-

Chairman Blender Foundation, Director Blender Institute
Entrepotdok 57A, 1018 AD, Amsterdam, the Netherlands