[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting notes: 2017-02-26
ton at blender.org
Sun Feb 26 18:10:08 CET 2017
Here are the notes for today's 1500 UTC meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.
1) Blender 2.78c release
- There were build problems causing more delays, final tests and checks happen now.
Tomorrow the binaries should be available.
- Change log for 'c':
2) Targets for Blender 2.79
- We move to BCon2 (targets final) this week. The target list:
- We still need to solve how to add the 'Filmic Blender' configure file in a way it's
compatible. Maybe via User Preferences? Need someone to pick up this task to solve.
- New target: Datablock ID Properties. https://developer.blender.org/D113
- Mai Lavelle's Cycles split kernel work is almost there. There are some regressions for nvidia OpenCL.
Sergey Sharybin reviews and checks this before a merge happens.
- OpenHMD is almost ready. Julian Eisel and Joey Ferwerda will finish working on it in Amsterdam next week.
- The new 'Surface Deform' modifier can be added. Go for it Luca Rood!
- Bezier Tools GSoC patch, urgent call for reviewers.
- And, call for coders of patches for OpenVDB render (Kevin) and Action Tools (Joshua) to speak
up if their work is ready!
3) Blender 2.8 projects
- Discussion about custom properties code: let's not all implement own but stick to one system in Blender?
Dalai Felinto and Bastien Montagne will contact about it. Also UPBGE seems to use own property system.
- There is Development Fund budget to support a 2.8 GE project as well.
There's still time enough to talk about this.
- This proposal for 2.8 GE work by Mitchell Stokes is still valid:
- Further not much news, aside for Campbell Barton coming back to help us with it!
4) Other topics
- Tomorrow Google will announce which .orgs will be participating this year.
- Blendercoders IRC meeting had a record of 215 people attending! Luckily, most were lurking!
Ton Roosendaal - ton at blender.org - www.blender.org
Chairman Blender Foundation, Director Blender Institute
Entrepotdok 57A, 1018 AD, Amsterdam, the Netherlands
More information about the Bf-committers