[Bf-committers] Blender 2.78c: Correction release for 2.78b

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 16:56:59 CET 2017

Hey everyone,

As was mentioned in the meeting report there are few issues with 2.78b.

I've created blender-v2.78c-release branch with the following changes/fixes:

- Port all changes for automated Cycles testing (c6e4a81d)
- Fix for wrong render result of hair with BVH motion steps (b3b4084)
- Fix compilation error of GLSL viewport when using Light Path node
(9215848)
- Fix wrong Brick texture in material viewport (8ba1dab)
- Fix crash with material preview and image sequences (dd2e33b)
- Fix T50512: Linked Backround scene with animation not updating with new
depsgraph (e89145e)

This branch fixes known regressions happened in 2.78b.

Please give it a good test. Tomorrow mid-day we do an AHOY!

PS: For those who are using automated tests the following tests are known
to be broken:

bevel: Requires 1de79c8, which is a fix for T50003

split_faces: Needs new work from me and Bastien, which is not safe at all.

cycles_opengl:
- shader_transparent: needs 2d81e88. Required some upcoming changes for
corner cases, safer to ignore.

cycles_reports:
- T50535_1, T50535_2: Requires 86747ff which causes chain of other fixes
required to be ported. Crash also happened in all previous versions.

cycles_render:
- ao_approximate: The feature does not exist in 2.78{a,b,c}

--
With best regards, Sergey Sharybin