[Bf-committers] Replacing server for git/svn/phab/builder

Dan McGrath danmcgrath.ca at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 13:21:26 CET 2017

Hi,

Just another heads up that we will have yet more downtime today to replace
the server that runs git/svn/phabricator/buildbot. Yesterday when we tried
to reset the DRAC that went unresponsive, we found it never came back and
appears DOA. We also have concerns about an unusually high RPM fan in the
PSU. As a precaution, we are just going to replace the machine with an
identical one. In theory, it should be as quick as replacing the drives,
but of course life never is easy ;)

Probably somewhere in the hour'ish range, give or take? We will also be
continuing the rewire, so other services will see brief disruptions while
Sergey chips away at it.

Dan