[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting notes - 2017-02-19

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Feb 19 17:18:05 CET 2017

Hi all,

Here are the notes for today's 1500 UTC meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.

1) Blender 2.78 'c' release

Reminder, the 'c' was needed because:
1. OSX build had wrong CUDA kernels.
2. GLSL viewport is broken when Light Path node is used
3. Crash of material preview when using Image sequences

We had some delays last week, fixing was needed in Cycles motion blur.
This Tuesday the last backport will happen to the release branch. Thursday we then can release 2.78c.

2) Blender 2.79 targets

- We'll discuss this week with Mai Lavelle and Hristo Gueorguiev ("nirved") if SSS will be added
to OpenCL split kernel.

- Joey Ferwerda: HMD viewport development is on track, OpenHMD is doing a stable release specially
for a Blender merge by end of the month. Will work on this with Julian Eisel to wrap it up and test it well.

- List of open issues in bug tracker and patch reviews is still too long...

- Note: Next week the release targets should be frozen, and we move to BCON2.

3) Blender 2.8

- Dalai Felinto posted three videos about progress last week. Work checking out!
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTKDBbkJa88v3FVQbvKd-b0ju9i9DY0jw

4) Other projects

- blender.org servers might get down for maintenance Monday or Tuesday. We will notify the list first.
Expected downtime not more than 5-10 minutes.

-Ton-

Chairman Blender Foundation, Director Blender Institute
Entrepotdok 57A, 1018 AD, Amsterdam, the Netherlands