[Bf-committers] Draco open source 3D compression from Google

Chris Lee infin8eye at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 00:48:09 CET 2017

Thank you Sergey,
I really appreciate you taking the time to run these tests. It does look
like there is a significant compression for formats that are pure geometry,
like .obj and .ply.
This could be of great benefit for web applications that use WebGL 3D
interaction. I can see Sketchfab load times could be reduced in future.
Also mobile apps that visualise 3D objects would benefit.
Looking forward to your further test results.

Kind Regards,
Chris "*Chips*" Lee
Mobile: 0410155111

Infin8eye <http://infin8eye.carbonmade.com/>