[Bf-committers] Blender with 64bit blendfile

Jaros Milan milan.jaros at vsb.cz
Thu Feb 2 15:16:50 CET 2017

Hi Sergey,

I know about SDNA and its types. I mean for example in writefile.c this functions: writedata* and writestruct*. They have int len/nr.

Thanks.

Milan

------ P?vodn? zpr?va------

Od: Sergey Sharybin

Datum: ?t, 2. 2. 2017 14<tel:2.%202.%202017%2014>:56

Na: bf-blender developers;

P?edm?t:Re: [Bf-committers] Blender with 64bit blendfile

HI,

size_t type is platform-specific and needs special handling in SDNA code.
So you can't just put it to DNA and hope it works.

What you should be doing instead is to use platform-independent 64 bit type
which is int64_t/uint64_t and which is already supported for ages.

On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 2:41 PM, Jaros Milan > wrote:<mailto:<milan.jaros at vsb.cz>

> Hello,
>

> I have an idea for 2.8 version: Make blendfile fully 64bit. I am trying
> BHead struct to make 64bit(int len-> size_t len). There is read/write
> functions, which switch between int and size_t. It is very hard to change
> for example "decode BHead" function for backward compatibility with older
> version of blendfile.
>

> I cannot save a big data now.
>

> What do you think?
>

> Thank you.