[Bf-committers] 2.79a release - proposed list of commits

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Thu Dec 28 18:48:58 CET 2017

Hi,

>From the second part of the list, I suggest to include these commits,
especially the first one.

rBd0d9360a66     Fix T52800: fix UI flickering with Mesa on Linux
rB07dbff7dc1d    Fix T53217: GLSL principled BSDF black with zero clearcoat
roughness.

These additional commits could be added. Especially the last one I consider
important, but there will be a merge conflict so I can backport it myself
once there is a branch.

rB05b08a3       Fix T53092: errors reading EXR files with different
data/display window
rBdebd9f6       Fix T53171: lamp specials strength tweak fails with renamed
emission nodes.
rB948515c       Fix T53600: Cycles shader mixing issue with principled BSDF
and zero weights.

For the future, I suggest we create a bugfix branch after the release, and
let everyone commit the fixes there immediately and then merge that into
master. It really should be each developer's own responsibility, and bugfix
releases would be less disruptive to the development process.

Thanks,
Brecht.