[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting notes - 2017-12-18
dfelinto at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 18:47:58 CET 2017
Here are the notes from today's 18 UTC meeting in irc.freenode.net
Note: meetings are on Mondays now, however the next two Mondays are
Christmas and New Year. So next meeting is exceptionally on a Tuesday
January 2nd, 17 UTC (18 CET).
1) Blender 2.79a
* Bastien Montagne and Sergey Sharybin worked in a list of commits to get
in. Tomorrow they will create a branch, backport easy commits, and see if
anyone else has any commit that was not included. We check in a week to see
if it's ready then.
2) Blender 2.80
* An article about status report of Blender 2.80 will go to code.blender.org
* Expect the usual article by Ton Roosendaal praising top contributors to
Blender code to be out for near year too.
* Depsgraph task force is delayed but Sergey Sharybin will still try to
announce it this week. It requires common knowledge of CustomData so even
if Sergey is away other people can help with questions and code review.
* Dalai Felinto committed the final implementation for collection
visibility as per the latest design. Coming next is duplicators
render/viewport visibility control.
* Static override editing is still in progress. It still requires design
for the group linking and instancing workflow. Aside from adding more
overrideable properties and on-going fixes and refinements.
* Bastien will prepare asset branch for review and integration with 2.8
* Antonio Vazquez wrote a Grease Pencil development report with a very nice
* Campbell Barton implemented a navigation widget for the 101 template
* Julian Eisel is still working in the workspace mode patch, but he
3) Other projects
* Discord development forum is stalled. We need our own Linux servers for
that or host it temporarily elsewhere.
* Campbell and Sergey are doing weekly patch reviews again. Around 20
patches were reviewed since, some of them applied, and other requested
4) Weekly reports
* Bastien Montagne:
* Campbell Barton:
* Dalai Felinto:
* Julian Eisel:
* Sergey Sharybin:
This is the last official meeting of the year, so enjoy the holiday season
and the meeting minutes will be back in 2018.
More information about the Bf-committers