[Bf-committers] Patch: OCIO Parse Colorspace From Filename

Troy Sobotka troy.sobotka at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 15:45:36 CET 2017

On Mon, Dec 11, 2017, 5:57 AM Sergey Sharybin <sergey.vfx at gmail.com> wrote:
> - Image loader sets color space (based on either image header or other
> assumptions)
> The higher level reader then might override the color space based on file
> name.

> If we allow such an automatic guess, it should be other way around. If the
> file knows it's color space, it should be trusted, as it is more trustful
> than a file name.

Ok. So if we do that, what is the best method to set the defaults? Each
filetype has the colourspace set to the default role.

Would the following order work?

 * Set the filetype default to Null.
 * Test the colorspace variable for a Blender file setting.
 * If Blender file remains unset, test for filename.
 * If it remains unset, set to default role.

Is there a means to differentiate between whether the colorspace variable
was set via default role or user based setting?

With respect,
TJS