[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting notes - 2017-12-04
dfelinto at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 18:51:18 CET 2017
Here are the notes from today's 18 UTC meeting in irc.freenode.net
#blendercoders. Reminder: meetings are on Mondays now, next meeting is 11
Dec, 9 UTC (10 CET).
1) Blender 2.79
2) Blender 2.8 projects
* Eevee development will focus on tackling reported bugs this week, prior
to a 3 week long halt. If any developer has any essential bug that is not
reported, do it sooner than later.
* Speaking of which, last week Clément Foucault added irradiance
visibility (fix/reduce indirect light leaking) in Eevee.
* Static overrides was merged. Bastien Montagne things it is a bit early
for massive usage though. There is no end user documents yet, but feel free
to try it with the instructions from:
* Sergey Sharybin believes next week the task force to help porting
operators/tools to the new depedency graph will start.
* Groups now have collections internally. It allows users to control the
visibility of its elements (as well as adding collection dynamic overrides
in the future):
* Campbell Barton finished off the basics for the new message notification
system (i.e. new notifier system), and would like to check on removing
existing notifier system in the future. However he wants to see the new
system working well first. He will now resume working on 101 templates.
* Julian Eisel started working in the workspace mode functionality. He
proposed moving active object to workspace. Dalai Felinto and Sergey
Sharybin will get back to him on this, so that the actual implementation
can start shortly.
* Antonio Vazquez shared the progress of the Grease Pencil branch, with a
recent video on "animation editing with one click" with a new falloff multi
frame edition curve.
* Jonathan Williamson has no time for user interface work at the moments
and wants to step aside from the module team as co-owner.
3) Weekly reports
* Bastien Montagne:
* Campbell Barton:
* Clément Foucault:
* Dalai Felinto:
* Julian Eisel:
* Sergey Sharybin:
More information about the Bf-committers