[Bf-committers] Blender 2.8 planning notes 2017-08-28
ideasman42 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 11:36:51 CEST 2017
Here are the notes from today's 8 UTC meeting in irc.freenode.net
= Last Week =
* Bastien: Summary: half week of work, got some basic Amber  repo
editing working, need to flesh this out now.
* Campbell: Misc tasks, continue w/ manipulator internal API, not as
much on front-end as I'd have liked - also fixes and patch review.
* Dalai: Wrote up usability design doc  (to be ported to wiki), and
fix orto/generated texture coordinates.
* Clément: Tried implementing soft shadow method, however multiple
attempts of realtime shadow failed.
* Luca: Started port of hair editing/combing in 2.8.
* Sergey: Tangent optimizations, Cycles benchmarks, and 2.79 DEG bug fixes
= This Week =
* Bastien: Tracker, and hopefully some time for more asset work too.
* Campbell: Suspect 1/3 of week or so will be spent on random release
stuff. Otherwise continue with manipulator
* Dalai: Move the usability design to wiki, post on mailing list, then
start usability for workbench engine, and object/edit modes.
* Clément: Fixing the shadow system, getting sun shadows to work, and
use multiple shadow maps for area lights.
* Sergey: Taking some time off.
= Other =
- More manual fixes is required by Eevee testers:
More information about the Bf-committers