[Bf-committers] Blender 2.8 planning notes 2017-08-21
montagne29 at wanadoo.fr
Mon Aug 21 11:06:06 CEST 2017
Here are the notes from today’s Blender 2.8 meeting.
= Last week =
- Bastien worked on assets (mainly, adding editing to repositories,
still WIP). Reminder: Amber is the current testing asset engine, and
shall also become the main Blender one for local/simple usages.
- Campbell did more manipulator work, most time spent on Python API
(exposing gawain, gpu.matrix, how its possible for Python scripts to
define their own geometry and draw it). Will make templates to
- Clement finished GTAO, and added simple denoising. Also planed the
next months of work.
- Dalai did some eevee fixes and planning, also organized the demo
files, should be posted soon.
- Luca continued work on the physics/modifier nodes proof of concept,
initial work is nearly finished here. The proposal doc should appear
(as well as a demo video on youtube).
- Sergey had no time for blender code, did bunch of maintenance and
regular tasks around (benchmark and datacenter…).
= This week planning =
- We still need more planning on the workflow/101 topic!
- Bastien wants to finish Amber basic editing, also needs to implement a
forth level (the 'Views') in internal asset hierarchy data model.
- Campbell would like to work on workflow things discussed with Bastien
& Ton last week. Still some TODOs in manipulators to be addressed though.
- Clement will work on sun and soft shadows (varying penumbra).
- Dalai will start working on getting usability issues solved (want to
address most of those by September, on design level), then do mockups,
perhaps bringing involved designers in.
- Luca will finish the proposal doc about physics/modifier nodes today,
then will be available for other, more immediate projects (most likely
in the workspace/layers area).
- Sergey will update planning for next months, get back to
- Severin has been working on topbar, basic patch is here:
Reminder: Blender 2.8 tracker is currently for developers to coordinate
core development. We can not spend time on fixing users reports yet:
lots of them are requiring core parts to be finished redesigning first.
More information about the Bf-committers