[Bf-committers] Blender developers weekly meeting notes: 2017-08-20

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Aug 20 16:57:46 CEST 2017

Hi all,

Here are the notes from today's 14 UTC meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.

1) Blender 2.79 release

- The 2nd release candidate is available now.
Check this page for download and list of fixes we did since 2.79 RC1.
https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/Release_Notes/2.79

- List of reported regressions:
https://developer.blender.org/maniphest/project/38/query/open/

- We will wait 1 week, and decide next Sunday meeting if we're ready for the actual release.

2) Blender 2.8 projects

- There's already a very early release log!
https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/Release_Notes/2.80

- Joerg Mueller upgraded Audaspace, the audio library for Blender.
Log: https://lists.blender.org/pipermail/bf-committers/2017-August/048632.html

- As usual, tomorrow morning the 2.8 team does a kick-off meeting and will send their report
to this list as well. Meeting is CEST 10:00 in #blendercoders.

3) GSoC and other projects

- It's the last week, students will work on docs and presentation.
When the reports are done, they will appear here:
https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/GoogleSummerOfCode/2017

Thanks,

-Ton-