[Bf-committers] Compiling blender 2.49 on modern systems

Antonio Ospite ao2 at ao2.it
Fri Aug 18 17:04:50 CEST 2017

Hi,

I am porting a script from 2.49 to a more recent blender version and
I needed to run the old version to compare the results, however the
official 2.49b binaries use python2.6 which is not available on recent
linux distributions. So I recompiled blender against python2.7 but in
order to do so I had to patch the code to make it work with newer
compilers.

Here is the patch attached in case someone may need it.

Some more info about the command I used to set up the build are in the
patch itself.

To make it easier to find maybe it can be uploaded to
https://download.blender.org/release/Blender2.49b/

Thanks,
   Antonio

--