[Bf-committers] Audaspace 1.3 for Blender 2.8
nexyon at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 08:51:39 CEST 2017
it has been done! I just pushed the changes to use audaspace 1.3 instead
of the old non-C++11 version to the blender2.8 branch.
Windows and Mac developers please update your library folders as numpy
headers are needed for building. If you experience any problems: I'm on
IRC for at least the next 8 hours and of course also respond to mail.
Let me recap the major changes we get from this:
- The whole library was refactored to use C++11, no more Boost!
- Many stability and performance improvements.
- Major Python API refactor :
- Most requested: Play self generated sounds using numpy arrays.
- For games: Sound list, random sounds and dynamic music.
- Writing sounds to files.
- Sequencing API.
- Opening sound devices, eg. Jack.
- Blender UI: Ability to choose different OpenAL devices in the user
- In sum since the refactor audaspace got almost 600 commits .
On 2017-06-18 20:53, Jörg Müller wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> it's time to get rid of the old audaspace and use the new one in the
> Blender 2.8 branch, so I created a patch .
> I would like to ask anyone who is interested to have a look, try it
> and comment on it. I've only tested it on my computer running linux
> here, so it would be especially helpful if developers from the other
> supported platforms (Windows and MacOS) could have a look.
> Thanks and cheers,
>  https://developer.blender.org/D2716
More information about the Bf-committers