[Bf-committers] Audaspace 1.3 for Blender 2.8

Jörg Müller nexyon at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 08:51:39 CEST 2017

Hi everyone,

it has been done! I just pushed the changes to use audaspace 1.3 instead
of the old non-C++11 version to the blender2.8 branch.

Windows and Mac developers please update your library folders as numpy
headers are needed for building. If you experience any problems: I'm on
IRC for at least the next 8 hours and of course also respond to mail.

Let me recap the major changes we get from this:
- The whole library was refactored to use C++11, no more Boost!
- Many stability and performance improvements.
- Major Python API refactor [1]:
   - Most requested: Play self generated sounds using numpy arrays.
   - For games: Sound list, random sounds and dynamic music.
   - Writing sounds to files.
   - Sequencing API.
   - Opening sound devices, eg. Jack.
- Blender UI: Ability to choose different OpenAL devices in the user
settings.
- In sum since the refactor audaspace got almost 600 commits [2].

Cheers,
Jörg

[1] http://audaspace.github.io/bindings/index.html
[2] https://github.com/audaspace/audaspace