[Bf-committers] Blender 2.8 planning notes 2017-08-15
sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 18:12:06 CEST 2017
Here are the notes from today's Blender 2.8 planning meeting.
= Last week =
- Bastien was mainly busy with tracker/2.79 tasks. Detailed report
- Campbell was doing more work on manipualtors, going through TODO list,
mainly compositor sun-beam, image-empty and compositor corner pin. also
investigated boolean bug. Detailed report
- Clement finished ScreenSpace Refraction and did some improvement on SSR
and GTAO. Detailed report
- Dalai was still on vacation, nothing to report.
- Luca was working on the physics nodes proof of concept, but the project
ended up suffering some major conceptual changes, and expanded quite a bit.
- Sergey was mainly bugfixing in own areas, for 2.79. Detailed report
= This week planning =
- Everyone will be focused on updating planning for the remaining months of
- Bastien will need to do some 2.79 tasks for RC2. At the remaining time
asset engine wrap up.
- Campbell is planing to new project, since manipulators are dragging for
too long. Still some TODOs from the list to be addressed tho.
- Clement finish GTAO optimization. Then do some polishing on existing
features. Use random sampling for OGL render (aka fix the noise). Then
investigate TAA (temporal anti-aliasing).
- Dalai will be catching up a bit on 2.8 projects (see how things went
those past 3 weeks), revisit Eevee planning, and plan own next
weeks/months. There are some unrevisited collection/group instance
implementation which needs finishing / reviewing. He is also is interested
on grabbing the Eevee sample files bundle, and put it online too (need to
talk to Ton about that).
- Luca will keep working on the nodes project (which is now a bit more
generic than physics nodes). By the end of the week, will have an initial
implementation, and a clear idea of how this will integrate with Blender,
both on a code and on a user level.
- Sergey will also do 2.79 RC2 tasks (gather revisions, backport, ahoy,
tag). Talk to Dalai about some issues with collections/layer, which needed
workarounds on copy-on-write. get Then get back to animation support /
stability in 2.8 branch for the remaining time.
Note for everyone: Blender 2.8 tracker is currently for developers to
coordinate core development. We can not spend time on fixing users reports
yet: lots of them are requiring core parts to be finished redesigning first.
With best regards, Sergey Sharybin
More information about the Bf-committers