[Bf-committers] Blender 2.8 planning notes 2017-08-07
dev at lucarood.com
Mon Aug 7 12:41:09 CEST 2017
Hi, meeting notes for today's Blender 2.8 planning.
= Last Week =
* Bastien: Did RC1.
* Campbell: Added manipulators for render-border, compositor-crop & area lamps. Exposed some API issues that took time to resolve. Also tested lamp positioning tool which could use some user testing .
* Clément: Refraction was much more a problem than expected. But managed to find a decent approximation for probes. Started Screen space refraction but need to finish it. ETA is 2 days.
* Luca: Worked on a new physics system proposal, and started a proof of concept implementation of physics nodes, to be finished today.
* Sergey: Was away at SIGGRAPH.
= This Week =
* Bastien: Will merge ID copying into master, then work on assets & workspace. Will also start reviewing students' GSoC.
* Campbell: Continue working on . Help in other areas if its needed. Would like to continue working on viewport a bit.
* Clément: Finish last week plans: screen space refraction. Then GTAO fix, and some polishing.
* Luca: Finish the physics nodes proof of concept implementation and work on other parts of the proposal, such as caching.
* Sergey: Catch up with what happened in the past week. and keep working on CoW/modifiers, making sure all production scenes works and make it so tools are aware of the new concepts (mainly adding missing update tags via deg and such).
More information about the Bf-committers