[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting notes: 2017-04-30

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Apr 30 17:58:25 CEST 2017

Hi all,

Here are the notes from today's 14 UTC meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.

1) Blender 2.79 targets

- The targets list:
https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.7

- The PBVH vertex/weight paint branch will be applied after release.

- "Filmic Blender" OpenColorIO config... Sergey Sharybin will ask Brecht van Lommel.
It's just not trivial to do in nice backward compatible ways. OCIO lib needs update as well.

- Head mounted display (openhmd support) will stay in a branch for a while. That enables the
team to keep updating frequently this year, without depending on releases. Branch + binaries
will be promoted on blender.org.

- We do another attempt to move to BCon3 (testing/fixing period) next week!

- (Added issue) we will need a splash for 2.79! Suggestion: ask the studio of Blender Institute
to make one based on latest open movie short "Agent 327", which will release in May.

2) Blender 2.8

- There was not much news to mention. Most work that's being done is very technical.
(OpenGL porting).

- Old "texface" might go completely, still problems with particles for it.

3) Other projects

- This Thursday Google will announce the students who get a summer of code grant.

Thanks,

-Ton-

Chairman Blender Foundation, Director Blender Institute
Entrepotdok 57A, 1018 AD, Amsterdam, the Netherlands