[Bf-committers] Non-Standard sRGB OETF transform T51216

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 20:09:33 CEST 2017

Ok, just to answer the question and avoid dangling question flying around
the mailing list.

Guess you're talking about issue reported in [1]. The root of the issue
there is coming from OCIO itself, which has numerical stability issue
in lookupLinear_1D (and it's SSE variant) when index is far above the
possible LUT index.

Doing something like this [2] (and surely it's SSE variant) will solve the
issue. But this needs to be double checked from the CPU ticks point of view
-- currently it does some unwanted casts which ideally need to be avoid).

[1] https://developer.blender.org/T51217
[2] https://hastebin.com/posiduhesa.diff

--
With best regards, Sergey Sharybin