[Bf-committers] Weekly Blender Developers meeting notes - 2017-04-16

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Apr 16 16:38:09 CEST 2017

Hi all,

Here are the notes from today's 14 UTC meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.
(We kept it short, Easter Sunday).

1) Blender 2.79 targets

- Still need to get reviews done... everyone's very busy with other tasks too.
https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.7

- So, next week another attempt to freeze the targets for 2.79!

2) Blender 2.8x projects

- Most of the full-time Blender developers joined the OpenGL migration project, to make sure
Blender can work with OpenGL 3.3 "Core Profile". This will take at least another week.

- Antonio Vazquez reports he's almost done with conversion of grease pencil to new draw manager.

3) Other projects

- Google Summer of Code: tomorrow Google will start allocating the slots for orgs. This we will
know on wednesday. We then have until April 24 to make a final selection.
On May 4 Google will publish the results. Until then we can't share info about slots or students.

Thanks,

-Ton-

Chairman Blender Foundation, Director Blender Institute
Entrepotdok 57A, 1018 AD, Amsterdam, the Netherlands