[Bf-committers] Please add invert green channel option in Normal Map node

Adriano Oliveira adriano.ufrb at gmail.com
Sat Apr 15 22:50:55 CEST 2017

@Mike

Cycles bake already has a toggle like this for export. We need this in
Normal Map node to deal with NM textures baked for DirectX.

Game engines like Unity and Unreal have an "invert green (y) channel"
option in texture properties.

In my workflow, for instance, I model and animate in Blander, texture in
Substance Painter and render in Unreal. In Painter I export Normal Map
textures to Unreal with DirectX standard (inverted green channel in
relation do OpenGL standard). If I need to see my model with this texture
in Blender, I have to create a node setup to invert G before feeding Normal
Map node.

*Adriano A. Oliveira*
Professor Adjunto do Curso de Cinema e Audiovisual
Universidade Federal do Recôncavo da Bahia (UFRB)
Centro de Artes Humanidades e Letras (CAHL)
Matrícula: 1673892
(71) 99181-0123 [VIVO] / (71) 99146-8523 [TIM]