[Bf-committers] Blender 2.8 gpu matrix API design questions

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 15:03:27 CEST 2017

Hi,
While waiting for a reply I went ahead and implemented the following patch:
"GPU Matrix API: stick to a single 4x4 matrix stick for 2D and 3D" [1].

With this we get the interface and viewport fully working in core profile [2].

Notes:
1) The text glitches are unrelated to the matrix situation.
2) Nothing changes if you build 2.8 with compatibility profile instead
3) For comparison, this is blender2.8 built with core profile without
this patch [3] (--factory-startup) and [4] (special file in fullscreen
and clay engine).

[1] - https://developer.blender.org/D2626
[2] - http://pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=114662
[3] - http://pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=114663