[Bf-committers] Blender Developers meeting notes - 2017-04-09
ton at blender.org
Sun Apr 9 17:12:14 CEST 2017
Here are the notes from today's 14 UTC meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.
1) Blender 2.79 targets
- Updated the target planning. We still need to get all reviews done.
- OpenHMD patch review will happen wednesday, Brecht van Lommel will help
reviewing the Denoiser.
- Alexander Romanov has a patch he would like for 2.79:
- Bastien Montagne: PBVH painting review is nearly ready, just has complex side topics to tackle.
- Sybren Stüvel worked on several Alembic IO fixes. This will go to 2.79 as well.
(Keep posting or sharing Alembic files in public, please!)
2) Blender 2.8 projects
- Dalai Felinto made an OpenGL and Viewport project priorities list:
- Proposal is to gather the combined efforts of all current full-time coders to do the last
OpenGL migration work. That will make Blender compile pure in OpenGL 3.3 Core Profile.
Systems not supporting OpenGL 3.3 or later will not run Blender 2.8.
- For everyone who doesn't understand "Core Profile", info from Khronos:
"In 3.2, OpenGL was effectively split into two profiles, core and compatibility. An implementation
was only required to define core, so compatibility is not guaranteed to be available."
- Build bot now has working 2.8 builds: http://builder.blender.org
3) Other topics and GSoC
- Next week (Easter Sunday) is IRC meeting as usual. Might be less crowded :)
- GSoC reviews are in progress: reminder for mentors to check!
- Development Fund gave a 3 month grant to Hristo Gueorguiev ("nirved") to work on
OpenCL optizations for Cycles.
Ton Roosendaal - ton at blender.org - www.blender.org
Chairman Blender Foundation, Director Blender Institute
Entrepotdok 57A, 1018 AD, Amsterdam, the Netherlands
More information about the Bf-committers