[Bf-committers] GSoC 2017 - Cycles Motion Blur Improvements

Natalevich Mikhail natalevichmv at gmail.com
Sun Apr 2 09:43:51 CEST 2017

Good morning.

Thanks to LetterRip for providing useful papers. I would lke to know more
about Cycles motion blur to be able to work on it, so have a few questions:

1. What algorithm is used in Cycles for motion blur now?
2. Is it good enough to use the algorithm decsribed in the paper (link on
jcgt.org <http://jcgt.org/published/0003/01/02/paper.pdf>) for the
improvement of Blender?
3. Do you know even better algorithms? (I will, of course, examine this
topic comprehensively later, but there's not enough time before the
deadline)

Thank you in advance,
Michael Natalevich