[Bf-committers] Revisions for the final 2.78: Rigify super_arm super_leg

Lucio Rossi lucio.rossi75 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 11:46:21 CEST 2016

Hi Sergei,
I totally agree with you about the flaws you're pointing out in the code.
Nonetheless, consider that the "bulk" code of these sub-rigs is copy-pasted
from super_limb.py, arm.py and leg.py and it is in Rigify since the
beginning.
Rigify is a tremendous add-on though it surely needs some extensive code
cleaning (I'm really looking forward to talk about it).

About the double matrix multiplication IMO it depends on the fact that two
extra child_of constraints have been added to the IK controller bones.
Though it works together with the fk/ik snaps we're experiencing some other
issue in the apply visual transform we're trying to address.

Finally, please consider that the two subrigs introduced are not (up to
now) default for arms and legs in the Pitchipoy rigs.

Thank you for your support
Cheers
Lucio