[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting 2016-10-23

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Oct 23 19:09:11 CEST 2016

Hi everyone,

Here are the notes from today's 14 UTC meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.

NOTE: next week fri-sun is Blender Conference, so we skip the meeting. Around that time the
conference will stream the 90 minute "Coders Ask Us Anything" session with 16-20 coders available.

Schedule and streams and recordings will all go via this url:
http://www.blender.org/conference

1) Blender 2.78a release status

- The updated list of revisions for 2.78a:
http://hastebin.com/ivivoxilud

- If all goes as planning we'll call for Release Ahoy on Tuesday.

2) Other projects, Blender 2.8 and Conference

- Viewport project: call for help worked good, patches are being submitted for review.
Dalai Felinto is moving to Amsterdam this week, starting next week he'll be on the viewport full time.

- Blender Institute will give the famous "Justa cluster" render farm a new life to become the
blender.org autotest-bot. Up to 8 computers can do daily renders, screenshots or short
screencap videos with the latest build. Results should be shown as public pages, a nice grid
of images, including history, performance, diffs, etc.
We look for a volunteer with web code experience and time (!) to manage this.

- During the Blender Conference there's a meeting room available for quiet focused sessions.
Contact me or Francesco Siddi to reserve a slot. We'll put the meeting room schedule on a whiteboard.

- Proposed meeting already: the viewport team! Mike Erwin, Dalai Felinto, Clement Foucault and Lubos Lenco.

- Saturday we also reserved the small 3d theatre for 4 hours Cycles meetings (12:30 - 16:30).
To keep this meeting efficient, attendance is invitation only. Ask me, Sergey or Brecht.
Results of these meetings will be publicly presented and discussed on Sunday.

- Sunday  is also the 90 minute "Coders Ask Us Anything" session. Everyone welcome!

That's it for today,

-Ton-