[Bf-committers] re-create your local blender2.8 branch

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 14:09:23 CEST 2016

Hi,

Due to a commit problem (do not use GUIs for git !1!!) we had to
delete the blender2.8 branch in the server, and re-create it from
HEAD^ (a commit before the latest).

What does it mean? If you fetched code from the server between last
night, and today you may face difficulties. The safest approach here
to everyone is to delete your local blender2.8 branch and re-checkout
it.

For those using command-line:

$ git checkout master
$ git branch -M blender2.8 blender2.8-old
$ git fetch origin
$ git checkout origin/blender2.8

If you have no local commit on your previous blender2.8 branch, just delete it
$ git branch -D blender2.8-old

If you do have local commits cherry-pick your changes. If you need
help with this, ask for it on IRC, I'll be glad to help.

For those using a GUI for git:

Uninstall your GUI, and follow the steps above! Tip: If you are on
Windows 10, get "Bash on Ubuntu".

Sorry everyone about the inconvenience,
Dalai
--