[Bf-committers] Questions about 3D Sound in Blender

Joshua Leung aligorith at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 09:38:20 CEST 2016

Hi Matt,

The sound library used in Blender (audaspace) was written by Jörg Müller
(nexyon). So, he'd probably th emost qualified person to comment on this :)

Speaking of sound and papers, there was a paper at Siggraph Asia last year
where they used Blender (IIRC, it might've been via the Game Engine, but
I'd have to check my notes). They built a system that generated sound
effects based on the materials of the objects that were colliding/rubbing
against each other:
http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=2820914

Hope that helps,
Joshua