[Bf-committers] Retiring Linux GLibc 2.11 builder

Bastien Montagne montagne29 at wanadoo.fr
Sun Oct 2 16:23:12 CEST 2016

Am not reproaching them to be conservative, but to be inconsistent. On
one side you have bleeding edge things (ptex, openvdb, alembic, and the
hilarious 'lastest' FBX), on the others, years old basis like gcc4.8 or
glibc2.13. Not to mention to ask for a compiler that only has
*experimental* support of required c++ version…

Note that this would not prevent building blender over glibc2.13 imho,
people just might have to disable some features. Here we are talking
about official builds from Blender themselves only.