[Bf-committers] Retiring Linux GLibc 2.11 builder

Bastien Montagne montagne29 at wanadoo.fr
Sat Oct 1 15:57:35 CEST 2016

I kind of have serious doubts about a 'large' studio who would not be
able to build its own Blender?

Anyway, I’m sorry for vfxplatform, but they can’t really be taken
seriously… C++11 with gcc4.8 [1]? Python2? Integrating 'latest' (!!!
sic) FBX in that list, which is everything but a standard, and changes
randomly in incompatible ways without any notice or control from
everybody but AD? Come on…

To me vfxplatforms looks like something made by the CG industry for the
CG industry - which is fine if they need it, but would not feel
compelled to follow that… thing.

[1] https://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-4.8/cxx0x_status.html