[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting notes - 2016-11-20

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Nov 20 17:31:54 CET 2016

Hi all,

Here are notes from today's 15 UTC meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.

1) Release status

- No showstoppers reported, all signs on green for work on 2.8 branch.

- We do have WAY too many open or new bug reports. Opportunity for everyone here!
https://developer.blender.org/maniphest/project/2/type/Bug/

2) Blender 2.8 and other projects

- Bastien Montagne reminds people to be very careful with committing in master, especially
when the commit should stay synced with the 2.8 branch as well.

- Target is to bring 2.8 branch to usable level with highest priority. Mostly means to
solve a way to wrap (black box) the particle system.

- Mike Erwin happily notes that the last call for OpenGL porting help resulted in
more than enough new volunteers. Things are going well!

- Dalai Felinto wrote a design proposal for Viewport layers:
https://code.blender.org/2016/11/layers-and-beyond/

- Next weekend (Fri-Sun) there's a Workflow Workshop in Amsterdam.
We've invited a mixed group of active developers and artists to help defining the design for 2.8.

Here's the list of participants:
https://lists.blender.org/pipermail/bf-interface/2016-November/000182.html

Expect a lot of public reports and great proposals!

Oh! Another article about 2.8 progress code.blender.org will be posted today.

Laters,

-Ton-