[Bf-committers] History items for Python API.

dima glib dima.glib at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 11:25:09 CET 2016

As an addon developer, I think this functionality is a must-have :-)

First of all, because it gives access to a missing part of API (to my
knowledge, there is simply no way for a script to know the size of the undo
stack, the current position in the stack and the names of its items).

This kind of information would be very useful for efficiently & reliably
detecting changes in the scene (for example, if I want to run a
non-realtime computation/update when something in the scene was modified or
when the selection has changed, with the current Blender I have to resort
to a rather tricky distributed-over-time monitoring in
bpy.app.handlers.scene_update_post).