[Bf-committers] Recent Change in Blender File Format

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Fri Nov 18 18:16:41 CET 2016

Hi Holger,

Very cool analysis. Good to see people spend quality time on reviewing internals like this.

I agree with Bastien's remarks though. And I want to add this (as coder of the system):

The 'treestore' is for Outliner only. It saves the state as the UI shows outliner data.
It's not saving anything related to the scene description or relationships.

It's always been a weak design issue here. I really want UIs to be able to save state, but the way we do it could probably be done much better.

-Ton-

Chairman Blender Foundation, Director Blender Institute
Entrepotdok 57A, 1018 AD, Amsterdam, the Netherlands