[Bf-committers] Units presets problems

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 09:59:44 CET 2016

Hi,

There was a hot discussion just before 2.78 release about unit presets
commit [1].

This change exploits scene scale with something it was never intended to
do, causing following issues:

- Using millimeters preset causes newly added objects to be much bigger
than the camera far culling, which causes visual artifacts and overall
inconvenience.

- Scene scale is used for various things, for example numeric input,
causing issues like [2]

This is getting quite problematic and counterproductive are for artists,
but yet it's not really my area. So i would like to see our UI team to
handle this.

[1] https://developer.blender.org/rB7f3da8f
[2] https://developer.blender.org/T49960

--