[Bf-committers] Automated Bug Report Classification

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 09:27:24 CET 2016

Hi,

Automatically closing reports is not a greatest idea at all. Sometimes we
have so much on our desks so can't keep track of all incomplete reports
even when the requested information was already provided. Closing such
reports would not be any helpful.

Raising to "Needs Triage" i'm also not fully convinced in. Quite often it's
more than two developers asking for some additional information. Setting
status to "Needs Triage" when second developer asks for more details will
be undesired. Then, sometimes we also have more than one user active in the
report, so it's not necesserily an author of report will give fully
qualified steps of reproducing the problem.

Should we move discussion from "how to do something automatically" (knowing
that automatic things fails a lot) to "how to attract more users to
communicate on dev.b.o" ? Human interacting with human is always better way
to go.

P.S. We have 150+ users at #blendercoders, so if one user replies to one
report per day in two days we have all reports nicely handled ;)