[Bf-committers] Render export file visibility problem on Windows 10 - with a potential lead towards solution

Arifi Koseoglu arifi.koseoglu at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 08:37:42 CET 2016

Hello everyone.

On one of our Windows 10 PCs we are not able to access render output files
of Blender v.2.78 using windows explorer: The file is listed in the file
selection dialog in Blender, but is not visible to Windows.

It seems that this behavior is observed by some other people in the net as
well, and so far the only solution seems to be to do a repair reinstall
Windows.

Fearing other complications of a windows repair, we looked further into the
problem.

We checked every previous blender version until we were be able to locate a
version that does not exhibit this problem, and found that v.2.61 does not
have this behavior.

So, on a particular PC, render output files of Blender 2.62 and above are
created, but not visible in Windows Explorer (display of hidden and system
files enabled). Output files of 2.61 are visible on the same PC.

I wonder whether there has been a change in output file creation routines
when switching from v.2.61 to v.2.62 - and whether this can be used to fix
this behavior..

I have also opened case on the bug tracker (T49909).

Best regards,

Arifi Koseoglu