[Bf-committers] Problem with Lens distortion update

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Sun May 22 09:19:13 CEST 2016

I don't know the answer to your question but I was working with these two
parts of Blender. One thing that I learned is that they are completely
separate because the compositor takes its time to do the math right and
make a perfect image but the movie editor is programmed to update in real
time thus they take shortcuts to make it say super fast. Perhaps this will
give you clues as where to find it?

On Sat, May 21, 2016 at 5:44 AM, Levon <levonh at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ive been playing around with adding a new lens distortion type to blender,
> based off 3dequalizer's default lens distortion model from the Lens
> Distortion Plugin Kit
> https://www.3dequalizer.com/?site=tech_docs&id=110216_01
>
> I know most of this will probably change with Tianwei's GSOC project, im
> just playing around with the code.
>
> Ive successfully implemented the ldpk_classic_3de_mixed_distortion for
> undistorting and redistorting the image, but not solving camera intrinsics
> yet.
>
> I have one problem, changing the parameters does not update the render
> undistorted in the movie editor, but works fine in the compositor.
>
> I would have thought setting the rna_def_property_update to
>  'rna_tracking_flushUpdate' would trigger an update, but it doesnt seem to
> be working.
>
> Could someone point out where i need to trigger an update when the lens
> distortion parameters are changed?
>
> my diff is here.
> http://www.pasteall.org/69753/diff
>

> Cheers, Levon