[Bf-committers] Blender VSE exported video goes from 1440p to 1080p

blubee blubeeme gurenchan at gmail.com
Sat May 7 16:14:15 CEST 2016

I was away from my computer for a while. Opening the video with mplayer
this is the output from the unedited video:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Playing 2594x1458.mkv.
libavformat version 56.40.101 (external)
libavformat file format detected.
[lavf] stream 0: video (h264), -vid 0
VIDEO:  [H264]  2594x1458  0bpp  120.000 fps    0.0 kbps ( 0.0 kbyte/s)
Clip info:
 ENCODER: Lavf56.40.101
Load subtitles in ./
Opening video decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg's libavcodec codec family
libavcodec version 56.60.100 (external)
Selected video codec: [ffh264] vfm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg H.264)
Audio: no sound
Starting playback...
Movie-Aspect is 1.78:1 - prescaling to correct movie aspect.
VO: [vdpau] 2594x1458 => 2594x1458 Planar YV12
V:   2.0   0/  0 23%  8%  0.0% 0 0

opening it with vlc and looking at the codec information:
http://i.imgur.com/m1wn3r4.png
http://i.imgur.com/UZE9zZr.png

this is the video information for the blender edited file
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Playing 2594x1458 exported from blender.mp4.
libavformat version 56.40.101 (external)
libavformat file format detected.
[mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2 @ 0x7f1724bf0880]Protocol name not provided,
cannot determine if input is local or a network protocol, buffers and
access patterns cannot be configured optimally without knowing the protocol
[lavf] stream 0: video (h264), -vid 0
VIDEO:  [H264]  2594x1458  24bpp  120.000 fps  6904.4 kbps (842.8 kbyte/s)
Clip info:
 major_brand: isom
 minor_version: 512
 compatible_brands: isomiso2avc1mp41
 encoder: Lavf56.40.101
Load subtitles in ./
Opening video decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg's libavcodec codec family
libavcodec version 56.60.100 (external)
Selected video codec: [ffh264] vfm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg H.264)
Audio: no sound
Starting playback...
Movie-Aspect is 1.78:1 - prescaling to correct movie aspect.
VO: [vdpau] 2594x1458 => 2594x1458 Planar YV12
V:   1.4   0/  0 72% 25%  0.0% 0 0

vlc information
http://i.imgur.com/XKwdWCH.png
no metadata