[Bf-committers] Blender VSE exported video goes from 1440p to 1080p

blubee blubeeme gurenchan at gmail.com
Sat May 7 05:07:49 CEST 2016

I wrote up a question on SO about this with details and pictures but no one
there even responded, hopefully someone here can help.

Here's the question:
http://blender.stackexchange.com/questions/52071/video-quality-loss-after-exporting-blender-vse

Basically I record videos with ffmpeg and directly upload it to youtube
it's resolution is 1440p, after importing the video in blender VSE making a
few edits and exporting it, youtube reports the resolution as 1080p

Why is that? Are my export settings wrong, etc..?