[Bf-committers] Testing some CSS changes to the Blender Manual

Harley Acheson harley.acheson at gmail.com
Wed May 4 18:18:19 CEST 2016

Aaron,

A couple of suggestions off the top of my head about the index, which
apply to both your changes and the current version

- Clicking on an index section header opens up that section. But clicking
again on the same spot does not close it again. You must click on the
little "minus" to close even though you allow clicking anywhere to open.
Actions like this are assumed to be reversible so clicking anywhere on the
section header should close it if open.

- Related to the first issue, but separate in case you choose to make one
change and not another: You can click on a closed section title to open it
and then close it with the "+" (as mentioned above). But at this point, with
all sections closed you must click on the last section's "+" to open it
again
even though you can click anywhere on the titles of all its siblings. These
items are in identical states so should behave the same.

- When all index sections are closed you show a "+" on hover only for
the current section and that doesn't make sense because all sections will
expand the same way when clicked - the currently viewed one is no
different. If the intention is to show which item is "active" then that
should
be done is a different way. If the intent is really to show the user what
would
happen when the item is clicked then the "+" should be shown on hover for
all items.

- Clicking on a section to open it will bring us to that section's "index"
page.
the links inside that section take us to places within that area. A problem
(and an objection to my suggestions above) is that the section links do
not include one to the index file. So I've decided to examine the contents
of an area but that examination contains everything but the starting point.
The contents should include everything, including a link to the index. It is
okay that the header to the section also contains a shortcut to the same
place as a convenience.

Regards, Harley