[Bf-committers] potential buffer overflow in editors/space_file/file_ops.c

Dave Plater dplater.list at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 15:31:37 CET 2016

Hi,
I maintain blender in openSUSE and I got this message from our build
service building blender-2.77 for the first time:
I: Statement might be overflowing a buffer in strncat. Common mistake:
BAD: strncat(buffer,charptr,sizeof(buffer)) is wrong, it takes the left
over size as 3rd argument
GOOD: strncat(buffer,charptr,sizeof(buffer)-strlen(buffer)-1)
E: blender bufferoverflowstrncat
/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/blender-2.77/source/blender/editors/space_file/file_ops.c:1378:4

I've attached a patch.
Best regards
Dave Plater