[Bf-committers] Length

Blender Attitude blenderattitude at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 12:32:59 CET 2016

"imho for just entering the value in a input box, you must handle properly
(and user should be aware of it) what happens with multiple selections, and
to which side is modified the length.

In the case shown you can visually see to which side will be modified the
length (depending on which side of dimension text you have click) and you
can control what is modified (via user selection: vertexs selected get the
same transform, or automatically if enabled detecting faces on a plane)."

I would simply put as a convention that the first vertice selected is the
origin point (xyz) for xyz measurements, would the selection be an edge, a
plane or a volume.

Well I don't want to disturb this mailing list anymore. Just wanted to
point that this would be a great improvement for users. Because the present
method is to create one object per length we need to respect and to be
aligned with them, which is not convenient.

Thank you all for making Blender !

Best wishes,
Blender Attitude