[Bf-committers] [GSoC 2016] Sculpting Tools

裴雪柯 yuzukyo at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 06:58:02 CET 2016

Hi
  If you want find referenct software maybe:   zbrush  and 3dcoat  these
software's brush system have mature implementation. you can find some video
in youtube or in youku.
 On IRC you can find ideaman(campbell)  for more consulting He manage
modeling system in Blender .
 And the draft submit deadline only three or four day left.

> Hi,
>
> My name is Kairong Jiang. I'm a third-year undergraduate student of
> Zhejiang University and I major in computer science. I have been working
> under professor Yue Chen on a VTK-based program and I'm interested in
> making better sculpting tools for blender as my GSoC 2016 project.
>
> I have been trying the existing sculpting tools of blender and reading some
> of the source codes concerning sculpting to make sense of how they work. I
> think it wouldn't be too hard to implement the tools proposed on the ideas
> page once I figured out how sculpting was done in blender. That is the data
> structures of vertices and meshes, and the procedures to manipulate them. I
> could really need someone to tell me which specific code those procedures
> are implemented so that I can look into it.
>
> As for the three sculpting tools proposed on the  ideas page, I can think
> of some intuitive and naive methods to implement them, but I wonder if
> there are some better ways. Also it would be nice if someone can tell me
> whether there are researches on implementing such tools or implementations
> in other 3D modeling softwares and where I can learn about them.
>
> I tried to use IRC a couple of days ago but I found it confusing that I
> have no idea who I should talk to on this topic. I would be appreciated if
> anyone could offer me some guidance and discuss further with me about the
> details of the project.
>
> Thanks,
> Kairong Jiang

裴雪柯