[Bf-committers] GSoC interested proposal

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 06:22:34 CET 2016

On Sun, Mar 20, 2016 at 6:18 AM, Shreyash Shriyam
<shreyashshriyam at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
> I am interested in three of the projects in Blender.
>
> 1. Modeling Sculpting Tools, as I have done a course on linear algebra and
> also written k-means code in C and done graphics projects on OpenGL I would
> be a good fit for it.
>
> 2. UV Editing Tools, I have done course on complex number and 3d vector
> algebra and proficient in C
>
> 3. Cycles full sample anti-aliasing support, I have fair experience in C++
> but lack basic knowledge of rendering pipelines in Blender.
>
> My priority is as per numbering, I need guidance on how to start and email
> addresses of mentors for the same.
> Also I am hugely attracted to other ideas as well and would like to
> continue to be a responsible contributor in future and would like to do
> more projects.
> Best Regards
> Shreyash

Hi Shreyash,
While we like to help new devs get involved, your asking for general
information,
which is a little too vague for us to give a useful response to.

Try starting by:

- Get blender building and a dev environment setup.
- Check the code in areas you'd like to be involved with.
- Try make some small change improvement.

Some useful links:

- http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.5/Doc/Building_Blender
- http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/New_Developer_Advice
- https://developer.blender.org/tag/quick_hacks/