[Bf-committers] How to Manage Incomplete Tasks that have the Requested Information

Julian Eisel eiseljulian at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 22:22:19 CET 2016

I was thinking about proposing a similar idea some time ago, so +1 from me.
The downside would be that we don't have a way to mark reports as
being new, which is useful information. So maybe adding a new priority
'New' would make sense?

Further, I think we should only categorize a report as 'Normal' if
it's actually assigned to a developer and if there's a chance that
she/he will investigate soon. Even if we improved here already, there
are still too many old reports set to 'Normal' either assigned to
nobody or without much hope the person assigned will investigate soon.
(We might also apply this rule for 'Confirmed' reports).

Following this proposal, criterias for setting priority would look
something like this:
* New: Newly created reports, awaiting initial review
* Needs Triage: Waiting on developer action
* Incomplete: Waiting on author action
* Normal: Issue not confirmed yet but assigned to developer
* Confirmed: Issue confirmed (and assigned to dev?)

BTW, I always wondered why we have both 'High' and 'Unbreak Now!' as
priorities? They both have the same meaning in essence, so one should
be enough.