[Bf-committers] [GSoC] Improved threadability of Compositor nodes

Matheus Sousa Faria matheus.sousa.faria at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 06:03:28 CET 2016

Hey,

Thanks for the answers! I've been studying the nodes and the techniques to
finish my proposal. And I have more questions:

   1. What is the difference between directional and vector blur? I saw in
   the practice the difference, but I want to know conceptually, why to
   keep both nodes if they create the same effect (Motion Blur)?
   2. I was doing some the tests with the glare node and this question came
   to my mind: What is the difference of fog glow and blur + mix? I generated
   the same scene using the glare node, and using the blur node with the mix
   to combine the original image with the blurred one. The result seems the
   same to me.
   3. And about the technic used in the Ghost Glare, is there any reference
   to it? I mean a paper or something, the closest thing that I found about
   this effect are the crepuscular rays[1].
   4. Do you recommend any reference (papers, books, etc) about glares? The
   things that I found were about the common glare/glow effect[2].

[1] http://http.developer.nvidia.com/GPUGems3/gpugems3_ch13.html
[2] http://http.developer.nvidia.com/GPUGems/gpugems_ch21.html

Thanks,
Matheus de Sousa Faria