[Bf-committers] building blender

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 07:14:43 CET 2016

Hi,

You've linked quite old discussion which comes from the times when LLVM-3.6
was not supported by changed JIT API, this has been changed now and
LLVM-3.6 is suported.

The issue here, however, is that different distros are packing LLVM
differently. For example, compiling LLVM from sources works just fine with
OSL's CMake rules, but Ubuntu's LLVM package is lacking some corner case
checks for that.

You can either manually compile OSL with tweaks to the CMake rules to
ignore MCJIT library all together or (which is better) submit report to OSL
upstream about OSL not compiling correct with your LLVM.

Some disclaimers:

- install_deps.sh installs default version of the LLVM if the requested one
is not available (requested one is LLVM-3.4 in fact)
- I don't know if the rules in install_des.sh will work correct with LLVM >
3.4 btw. Such configuration requires OSL to be compiled with C++11, which
we don't do yet.

With best regards, Sergey Sharybin