[Bf-committers] building blender

Owen Hogarth II gurenchan at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 06:43:28 CET 2016

The issue if I'm correct is that OSL just doesn't work with llvm 3.6 but
the blender script automatically downloads llvm 3.6
The OSL github issue that I linked to has some recent information but I
don't know what blender's stance on it.

I've built blender a while ago no problems. Currently I build w --skip-osl
for the moment as a workaround.

I'd still like to hear what the team has to say about OSL on linux though.

Best,
Owen