[Bf-committers] building blender

Tianwei Shen shentianweipku at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 06:33:27 CET 2016

Hi,

I encountered the same problem when compiling blender on centos 7. It seems
that there is some problem with OSL:

Building OpenShadingLanguage-1.7.1
Ensuring /opt/lib exists and is writable by us
ILMBASE_HOME=/opt/lib/openexr
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/cc
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/cc -- works
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- Detecting C compile features
-- Detecting C compile features - done
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
-- Detecting CXX compile features
-- Detecting CXX compile features - done
-- Project build dir =
/home/tianwei/src/blender-deps/OpenShadingLanguage-1.7.1/build
-- CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER is /usr/bin/c++
-- CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER_ID is GNU
-- Compiling with SIMD level sse2
-- Setting Namespace to:
-- platform = linux64
-- Partio not found
-- CMAKE_INSTALL_RPATH = /opt/lib/osl-1.7.1/lib
-- Create oslversion.h from oslversion.h.in
CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but they are
set to NOTFOUND.
Please set them or make sure they are set and tested correctly in the CMake
files:
LLVM_MCJIT_LIBRARY
    linked by target "oslexec" in directory
/home/tianwei/src/blender-deps/OpenShadingLanguage-1.7.1/src/liboslexec

See also
"/home/tianwei/src/blender-deps/OpenShadingLanguage-1.7.1/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
See also
"/home/tianwei/src/blender-deps/OpenShadingLanguage-1.7.1/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
make: *** No rule to make target `clean'.  Stop.
ERROR! OpenShadingLanguage-1.7.1 failed to compile, exiting

This compiling process works fine on my mac.

Thanks,
Tianwei